Airlines UK (AUK) is looking for a motivated and hard-working Public Affairs & Policy Executive / Manager (based on experience) to join its team in London. The successful candidate will assist with policy campaigns and help to formulate AUK policy on behalf of airline members, and work with colleagues in advocating our messaging to stakeholders including Ministers, parliamentarians, regulators and industry bodies, ensuring that their interests are effectively represented and that the voice of AUK is heard in Westminster and the devolved administrations. S/he will report to the Policy & Public Affairs Director.
- Exceptional communicator (oral and written) with a proven ability to work independently on policy research and analysis, develop messaging across a range of policy interests, and experience of putting in place advocacy and engagement strategies.
- A track record of engaging with and working alongside stakeholders on policy, legislation, consultations and research projects.
- Excellent knowledge of UK Government and parliamentary institutions.
- Skilled organiser, capable of managing a challenging agenda with competing priorities.
- At least a basic understanding of the aviation industry and airline sector, in particular.
Job description – the selected candidate will:
- Work in a small, dynamic and hardworking team in central London.
- Be uniquely involved with the UK aviation industry and airline sector in particular, working on issues including Brexit, aviation tax, airport expansion, disruptive passengers, sustainability, the upcoming Government Aviation Strategy and consumer protection policy.
- Contribute to the visibility and reputation of the airline sector within the UK policy landscape.
- Help to manage policy campaigns in line with agreed AUK priorities and objectives.
- Interact closely with the 13 AUK airline members.
- Help to co-ordinate the work of assigned AUK Policy Working Groups.
- Develop a personal reputation as a policy expert within aviation, speaking at meetings / roundtables and advocating publicly on behalf of agreed AUK positions.
Salary: Competitive but based upon experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.