Help deliver net zero carbon aviation
With the right Government support net zero carbon is within reach for UK aviation by 2050:
- Support a partnership approach between Government and industry to support the aviation industry in its efforts to decarbonise by investing in the green aviation technologies of the future.
- Make the UK a world-leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuels through the creation of a new cross-departmental support body, committing to £500m in public-private funding, and bringing Recycled Carbon Fuels into The Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation.
- Deliver critical UK airspace modernisation to cut delays and reduce carbon emissions by 10% through operating more direct routes and eliminating holding stacks above airports.
- Increase long-term investment in the R&D critical for the development of future hybrid-electric and fully electric passenger aircraft.
- Support the successful implementation of the UN global Carbon Offsetting Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) from 2020, and push for a stronger global aviation emissions reduction target at the 2022 ICAO Assembly, consistent with the Paris Agreement.